May 12th 2020
Following the Governments update on COVID-19, we have been given new instructions and guidelines on how we can reopen Dunnerholme Golf Course safely. The most important principle of our plan is ‘Play Safe, Stay Safe’ with the health and safety and wellbeing of our members and employees at the forefront of all our actions.
Our plan is based on the England Golf framework ‘Play safe – Stay Safe’, the R&A and the Government guidelines but amendments have been made to support Dunnerholmes unique set up.
We will ensure a cautious, phased approach to reopening, using our ‘Play Safe, Stay Safe’ Action Plan. Full details of the initial phase will be forwarded to all members and it is very important that we all follow the protocol. To assist members with understanding the new system and allow us to reopen as soon as we are permitted, we have a team of Volunteer Marshals, who will be on site throughout the day.
Below is basic information, with full details and complete instructions to follow, later.
It has been agreed to reopen the course from 9.00am Wednesday 13th May 2020 for MEMBERS ONLY. We appreciate your loyalty and patience during this pandemic.
Play will be 10 holes ONLY – We believe that this will ensure fair access to all.
Tee time booking MUST be made online, using the BRS online booking system via the clubs website. Due to current restrictions, we are unable to facilitate our normal, relaxed approach to members tee allocation of ‘turn up and play’.
- BRS booking will go ‘live’ at 15.00 from today.
- 1 ‘live’ booking per player – no multiple bookings permitted.
- Groups are restricted to 2 balls or 1 ball.
- Tee times will be at 15 minute intervals – on the quarter hour
- Tee times will be available from 9.00 until 18.00 daily.
- The car park will be reconfigured to ensure social distancing – please park as directed.
- Social distancing must be constantly maintained on all area’s of the course.
- Please note – the Clubhouse and Practice facilities remain closed
- Full details of the plan will be forwarded to Members on Tuesday 12th May via email and social media.
- We thank you for your patience, as we endeavour to prepare a safe environment for everyone and would like to take this opportunity to thank all our Volunteer Marshalls. Only, through their support, are we able to re-open with only 36 hours notice!
The Council will continue to meet (via Zoom Meetings) on a weekly basis as the situation develops and we will continue to keep you informed of any changes, as they happen!
#PLEASE #STAY ALERT and most importantly #STAY SAFE
Volunteer Marshall’s will be in attendance to assist you with car parking and advice.
Booking a tee time:-
Tee times must be booked via BRS online booking on the DGC Club website – no exceptions.
Only 1 active tee time booking per player – no multiple bookings.
Tee times are available at 15 minute intervals – on the quarter hour.
Tee time slots are available from 9.00am – 6.00pm.
Play outside of these times is not permitted.
The course is CLOSED to everyone outside of these tee times.
Groups are restricted to 1 ball or 2 balls
Arrival at the Car Park:-
Please arrive at the car park, no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your booked tee time.
Vehicles to be parked in designated parking area’s.
Players will prepare for golf in the car park.
The putting green is only available to those players with prebooked tee times – 10 minutes before their prebooked tee time slot.
Playing the game:-
Hand sanitiser is provided for use at the start and end of your round – avoid touching gates with unsanitised hands.
Play will commence on Hole 1 and end on Hole 10 – no cutting in/across the course allowed.
Flagsticks must not be touched or removed.
Bunkers – maybe considered as GUR, as rake has been removed.
Ball washers are covered – not in use.
Benches are covered – not in use.
Waste bins are covered – not in use. Please take your rubbish home.
Shoe/trolley cleaner is not in use – turned off.
Social distancing must be maintained, everywhere on the course – at All times
Do not s